Monday 23 February 2015

Day 22 - #28daysofwriting - worklifebalance

That teaching is a highly demanding profession isn't news to anyone and it helps if you can maintain a healthy work life balance. So why I am writing a post when I don't have much to offer?

Today, I fulfilled a goal I have been working on for a long time. I love my golf! It is a constant source of relaxation, none of my golfing buddies are teachers which gives me breathing space.

It just so happens that golf is also an activity that aids the use of the analytical thinking styles of the brain, make of that what you will.

The goal was to have no 90's in my last 20 rounds. 20 rounds is significant as it is from these rounds that your 10 top scores are chosen to establish your handicap, taking into account the slope rating of the course. It all gets rather complicated, if you want a more in-depth description of the NZ handicap system go here.

Now, I just have to work on keeping those 90s off the last 20, I wonder how long that can continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment